The M.A.D. Dance Education Scholarship Program policy is designed to promote students’ disciplined study of high-quality dance instruction. Scholarships are awarded to students based on financial need, artistic ability and promise, and availability.
Applications are due September 9th. All application materials must be submitted to an administrative member of Mercury Academy of Dance by the due date for a student’s application to be considered eligible. The student will then be assigned a time for their September 16th audition at which they will present a 2-3 minute solo. All styles of dance are acceptable. The solo should be choreographed solely by the student and should demonstrate the student’s technical skill, performance ability, artistry, and creativity.
Scholarship awards for our Fall/Spring 2017-2018 Session will be up to $750 and are not to exceed 50% of the total tuition. Summer scholarships are limited to $300. Only severe hardship cases will be reviewed and/or awarded scholarships above 60%. Recital fees, costume fees, other merchandise needed are to be paid for by the parents and are not included in the scholarship.
Only Students that are members of Mercury Academy of Dance in good standing are eligible to receive scholarships. Awards are attributed by the studio in 2 installments as account credit only. A progress report from the recipient’s instructors are required to receive the second installment. Students who fail to adhere to the conditions of the agreement risk losing their scholarship.
- Students must have taken classes in dance for at least 1 year with Mercury Academy of Dance.
- Students must be between 7 & 18 years of age at the due date of the application.
- Students must have a good attendance record, show talent, promise and dedication.
- Student’s family must have a financial need.
- Students who have outstanding balances may be ineligible for scholarships.
- Students must take 4 hours of class including at least one ballet class to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Completed application form
- Proof of Residency with legal street address
- Proof of household Income for the parent(s) and /or legal guardian in which the student resides.
- Signed copy of Federal Income Tax Form with W2’s attached or
- SSI Notification Medical Record or
- TANF Notification or
- Student Profile
- Studio Instructor Recommendation Form
- Parent Statement
Those students who are awarded scholarships will be required to sign and adhere to the conditions of their Tuition Payment Form and/or Scholarship Agreement
*In addition to this application form the student will present a 2-3 minute solo in the style of their choice to showcase their technical skill, performance ability, artistry, and creativity. This solo will be presented September 16th. *